We strive to illuminate terroir. Our viticultural and winemaking methods are designed to showcase the topography, geology and climate of a finite, naturally defined piece of land. While all of our wines possess accurate varietal characteristics, their real strength is their ability to deliver the unique aromatics, flavors and textures of a specific terroir.
To help us explore terroir we’ve adopted a “less is more” mantra. It guides our actions and influences the style and personality of our wines. It is that recurring theme that appears in our weather, farming and winemaking.
- The cool windy climate and gravelly soils of our Estate San Saba Vineyard naturally results in low yields.
- Lower yields lead to greater concentration and more character in our wines.
- Gentle handling during harvest and fermentation preserves fruit and site character.
- Intensive grape sorting ensures only the highest quality fruit.
- Minimal processing throughout the winemaking process guarantees purity and authenticity.
- The use of indigenous yeast for specific lots heightens site specificity.
- The minimal use of filtration retains texture and flavor.